- February 4, 2019 and a lovely visit to Vancouver Island University to talk with third year publishing and writing students about my books and the publishing process. I loved being on campus, just like my Journalism days at Carleton University, in Ottawa, Ontario, when I too was a student learning to write.
- Mentoring students and sharing my story is a huge blessing and I am so grateful for the experience of talking to students of all ages. This life is so beautiful.
- On October 20, 2018 I attended the Surrey International Writer’s Conference. It was the first Conference I have ever attended and my first pitch session (in person) with an editor from a publishing house went amazing!
- I gleaned so many great tips and ideas about how to market my books and what my next steps are. I love my writing community.
- Mabel Hartley and the Vigilante’s Secret Book 5 is complete and the series finale is on my desk. I can’t quite believe that after 10 years of writing about Mabel, Tabby and Hugh, the final scene is written. It has been such a great learning lesson and a huge accomplishment. Never has so worthy an accomplishment required so much perseverance.